Today it's Monday.. But also makeup tutorial favorites day! Eyebrow edition :)
It still takes practice (and patience!), but in the past few months I've found a couple of great makeup tutorials, and experimenting with the techniques explained has made my brow-life much, much easier.
|My brows - and Mr E!|
Below you'll find my favorite youtube makeup tutorials for eyebrows, as well as the brow products I currently use for daily/'teacher face' makeup and for stage. Enjoy!
1. Great tutorial for 'sparse' brows by Promise Phan (also check her celebrity lookalike tutorials on the channel - amazing!)
2. Easy - yet very polished look, this one is for you if you like working with eyebrow pencils - perfect for 'daytime' brows (I use the same technique when I pencil, minus shaving the outer part of my brows - too scared!)
3. For all you MAC addicts (you know who you are!) - an eyeshadow/powder version:
4. For stage/performance makeup: This tutorial explains using concealer as a 'stencil' beforehand and filling in the brows with Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade (which is an awesome product for stage/performances, as it doesn't transfer or 'melt' under stage lights at all) - I use the colors 'auburn' and 'chocolate'myself.
5. And a bonus one by Julia Graf
I also absolutely love this brow tutorial Blog post by Keiko Lynn:
My favorite products:
- Mac or Urban Decay brown(ish/ashy brown) matte eyeshadows (the exact shades depend on the makeup look, sometimes I mix powder with pencil or dipbrow pomade as well)
- Brow pencil: 001 Dark brown by Rimmel
- Dipbrow pommade by Anastasia in Auburn (a bit lighter/reddish) and/or chocolate (slightly darker) - usually I mix the two, using the chocolate shade or powder to darken the bottom line of the brows.
|Picture by makeupatoz.com|
Extra important for both powder and pomade 'looks' to work well is a good quality 'sharp' slanted eyebrow brush - And to sharpen your pencil! Check out the yt tutorials above for specific brush recommendations.
ETA: Bonus clip! Love love love.