Monday, July 28, 2014

Beautiful brows! - My favorite eyebrow makeup tutorials

Hello there,

Today it's Monday.. But also makeup tutorial favorites day! Eyebrow edition :)

H-eye!
Getting my eyebrows to 'work' with me, especially using stage makeup, has been a challenge for me for YEARS (they are *very* irregular)

It still takes practice (and patience!), but in the past few months I've found a couple of great makeup tutorials, and experimenting with the techniques explained has made my brow-life much, much easier.

My brows - and Mr E!

Below you'll find my favorite youtube makeup tutorials for eyebrows, as well as the brow products I currently use for daily/'teacher face' makeup and for stage. Enjoy!

1. Great tutorial for 'sparse' brows by Promise Phan (also check her celebrity lookalike tutorials on the channel - amazing!)



2. Easy - yet very polished look, this one is for you if you like working with eyebrow pencils - perfect for 'daytime' brows (I use the same technique when I pencil, minus shaving the outer part of my brows - too scared!)



3. For all you MAC addicts (you know who you are!) - an eyeshadow/powder version:



4. For stage/performance makeup: This tutorial explains using concealer as a 'stencil' beforehand and filling in the brows with Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade (which is an awesome product for stage/performances, as it doesn't transfer or 'melt' under stage lights at all) - I use the colors 'auburn' and 'chocolate'myself.




5. And a bonus one by Julia Graf



I also absolutely love this brow tutorial Blog post by Keiko Lynn:
http://www.keikolynn.com/2013/11/makeup-monday-how-to-get-perfect-brows.html

My favorite products:

- Mac or Urban Decay brown(ish/ashy brown) matte eyeshadows (the exact shades depend on the makeup look, sometimes I mix powder with pencil or dipbrow pomade as well)

- Brow pencil: 001 Dark brown by Rimmel

- Dipbrow pommade by Anastasia in Auburn (a bit lighter/reddish) and/or chocolate (slightly darker) - usually I mix the two, using the chocolate shade or powder to darken the bottom line of the brows.

Picture by makeupatoz.com

Extra important for both powder and pomade 'looks' to work well is a good quality 'sharp' slanted eyebrow brush - And to sharpen your pencil! Check out the yt tutorials above for specific brush recommendations.

ETA: Bonus clip! Love love love.

Enjoy! :)

xx K.
www.khalidadance.com
www.khalidashop.com

2 comments:

  1. love this! Will need to try the pomades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love Dipbrow! It changed my eyebrow game! New colours are coming out soon - or depending on your location, may already be out.

    ReplyDelete